The Wedding (Lairds' Fiancees Book 2)

Captured by and married to the savage-looking warrior leader Connor MacAlister, Lady Brenna never hopes for love from the husband who claims to want her only in order to acquire an heir, until she learns about his true feelings


My Review:
I immediately read the second book even though I was looking for the first book, The Bride. But it was not a problem for me because I also get this book for free, but here I have been fined.

Typical of Julie Garwood if I thought about it again. She always started with the story of a unique character, and the characters themselves were also unique. I liked how JG describe carelessness and forgetfulness belonging to Brenna. And silliness were disclosed in the beginning of the story really drew me to follow especially folly committed by these figures.

Brenna had a heart that was soft and smooth. She had a habit to keep praying at every opportunity and that I thought it was a funny thing. Not to mention the behavior when the wedding procession. Brenna had very unique character and brought a distinctive difference compared to the other characters. Brenna was also not easy to feel sick after evidenced by she who fell down the stairs, and she was injured because almost raped and she was still able to stand.

I like the way JG put the uniqueness above the plot that she want to tell. There were plenty of stories of war in this novel, but JG seems to know that women seem to be easily bored if offered too many wars, so she tried to minimize the story about battles and stayed focused on the more interesting plot, that was the story of Brenna and her life including the Connor ,

The characters in this novel were often made me want to laugh. About how Pastor became a friend Brenna, or about Davis who had lost last when Brenna wanted to ride a black horse belonging to Connor.

The unfortunate of the novel was, the existence of Connor often do not appear when Brenna made a mistake or hurt herself. I thought it would be better if there was a part where Connor looked worried as he saw with his own eyes Brenna was injured, although it was impossible for Connor would have saved her. But that's not what I meant. I just thought that Connor should be beside Brenna after the tragic events that befell Brenna so he could see out the condition of Brenna battered, rather than after bandaged. Although it did not lack the weak side, panic, and worry of Connor, but somehow he was rarely beside Brenna. In fact, after the terrible events experienced by Brenna and how she was slurred, really, I want to know what will be done when it's Connor.


However, clearly this novel does not lessen my interest in the way Julie Garwood finish this story. Remains as attractive as ever.

Wanna get this book? Put all down and grab it fast here >>>> 

 ♥♥♥♥♥ Alina Za

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menyelami Seni dalam Kejiwaan pada buku "Psikologi Seni"

The Magic Of You by Johanna Lindsey (Malory-Anderson Family #4)

Scandal in Spring (The Wallflowers, Book 4)