Because You're Mine (Capital Theater #2)


Synopsis:
"I don't care about your conscience. All I want is for you to kiss me again."

Lady Madeline Matthews would rather shame herself than sacrifice her freedom—which is why, to avoid a marriage to an aging, lecherous lord, she seeks out the company of Logan Scott. A torrid affair with the notorious womanizer would surely condemn her in the eyes of good society.

Though a legend in the bedchamber, Logan is, in truth, an intensely private man tormented by past betrayals. Now a forward little minx is disrupting his life with her vibrant charm and unspoiled beauty, a high-spirited enchantress completely at sea in London's sophisticated whirl. But when what begins with a kiss threatens to blossom into something more rapturous and real, will Logan and Madeline have the courage to drop the masks they hide behind in the name of love? 



My Review:
Geez .. this novel is clearly better than the first novel 'somewhere i'll find you'. I had been curious about Logan Scott from the first book, and I was indeed right, Logan was very intriguing! The characters can make melt ... eerrrgh

In the first novel, I was confused by this character. And was disturbed to his presence because it has enormous potential as a leading role, while clearly a major role in the first book held by Damon! The time I read the first book, I often daydream, what if Logan was in love with Julia? What if Julia fell in love with Logan who was cold, cynical, but on the one hand, Julia was the only one where he could be more open, and it could potentially get rid of the major role from that book! Well, although I'm sure Historical romance novel genre will definitely finish the story with a happy story, but it's enough to make Logan figure misgivings. The story could easily distorted by the presence of Logan, but fortunately there's no incident like that! Hahahaha would be annoying if so, as I have always been and always support the leading role, even though Logan characters in the first book was dangerous, but fortunately it did not turn like that.

But of course, Logan Scott, although I did not like his role in the first book because had enough potential to become a partner of Julia, I'm still curious. Logan possess incredible self control! If you didn't put in his viewpoint, no one would know about what his thought. During the first book, he always managed to control his emotions, except when related to Julia, and it scared me, really.

Yaaaaayyy ~ but finished reading the first book, I've been waiting for a second series Capital theater and it well, Logan ever had break his emotion because he had almost married to Julia but it's not happen bcause Damon. I couldn't  stop to think whether he really would only marry for business affairs? Because it was not placed in his point of view, it was very difficult to know wether he was honest or not, even here Logan was an actur. But but but ... the time I read the second book, I realized that that's the way Logan. In the presence of Julia, who eventually became the manager and remain well received by Logan, Madeline came with innocence that made the character of Julia to be more mature than she was in her own story.

The story of Logan and Madeline was really sweet. I got confused about how stars I want to put. Maddy made me fall in love by her character were so numb from the rejection and did not give up to get what she wants. But she also knew herself that when she had begun to love Logan, she was afraid of hurting him, afraid Logan wiould hate her. When Logan launched revenge against her, Maddy resilient because she knew it's all due to her that made Logan hurt, but Maddy still not given up hope. Geez, the character of Maddy was truly extraordinary.

And Logan! Logan were cold, cynical, and keep distance by everyone except Julia, which I thought he could only showed the original side in front of Julia, but then I was wrong. Even in front of Julia Logan was actually full of self-control. So ... even Julia was actually not really made him interesed and she did not know the weaknesses of Logan. Only Madeline who did things that never done others against Logan. Madeline never surrendered to approaching Logan, keep interrupting him, from which just enough to have one night stand until she completely fell in love with Logan, Madeline still did not give up. She knew that Logan was an evil but Maddy managed to touch the side of Logan weaknesses and the most fragile from him. She was fully aware when Logan needed help.


Then when Logan finally surrendered to the existence of Maddy, when Madeline care for her selfless and loving, Logan gave himself fully and Madeline wo certainly lvoe him, because Logan also finally gave up and declared how much he loves her. And it was the most beautiful part of this book. All the way Logan did to Madeline  just keep me my heart pounding. Very sweet.Just could not imagine Logan who was curt and stern could be as soft as it is if he was fallen in love. Saw how he was intoxicated to Maddy just become addictive to me. His tenderness, attention on Madeline did not inexhaustible. Even Madeline scared by Logan tenderness and affection which was outstanding.

And ~ happiness did not last long. Really sad.
I do not get the part like that again anyway. After the real conflict was unfolding, Logan back in full control and just become so terrible. Although inside he was full of emotion, but from the outside, especially from the  Madeline POV, Logan always looked distant. And the distance it did not go away until the last page. Crazy and annoying really. Although, the Logan kept cannot remove his eyes from Madeline, couldn't ignored the health of the girl, and remained a concern, still worried, but he never honest again. The distance was constantly felt that I was wondering whether there would be such a fun part like in the middle. Although yeah ... I also did not know if part of it was placed in ending what it would be like, but I was not too concerned as I just expected how authors arrange it. Hohoho ~ #plaaak

And, Goood ,,, the climax was placed in the ending! Imagine! three last page! It just less! Clearly less and I need more #screaming

Successfully the ending made me teary-eyed, but because I did not see Logan sweet and cute like a kid again in front of Madeline even to the last page, it forced me to lowered one star from this book.

Hffffff ..I didnot know why in any good books I read, why when it reached the end of the story always made me lower the star? Hah? Nooooo. Really hard to give a book 5 lately. *Sob*. But overall, this novel must obviously recommended to read! I love it, soooo much: D


Wanna this book? Put all down and grab it fast here >>>> 

 ♥♥♥♥ Alina Za

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menyelami Seni dalam Kejiwaan pada buku "Psikologi Seni"

The Magic Of You by Johanna Lindsey (Malory-Anderson Family #4)

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3)